Springtime “Flower” Pet Saftey Tips

Springtime is here! Blaine Area Pet Hospital would like to remind pet owners that a host of risks present themselves to dogs, cats and other companion animals. As pet owners we should be able to identify potential harms in order to keep the spring days bright, sunny and fun for all.

The list of toxic, common household flower/plants might surprise even the most veteran, conscientious owners:

Lilies (cats especially, ingesting just a bit could lead to kidney failure), Azalea, Rhododendron, Tulips, Daffodils, Chrysanthemums are just a few flowers that can be harmful to your pets. The flower bulbs and the fertilizer can cause issues also.

The ASPCA’s Animal Poison Control Center (APCC) received approximately 7,858 calls in 2009 reporting ingestion of one of the aforementioned plants and flowers. That number was out of the 195,000 calls APCC received in total that year.


Request Your Appointment Today!
Call Us!
Call Us Text Us
Skip to content